Russia announced Ukrainian casualties since the beginning of the year
2 mins read

Russia announced Ukrainian casualties since the beginning of the year

(Dan Tri) – Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu said Ukraine has lost more than 111,000 troops since the beginning of the year.

Ukrainian soldiers fighting in Donetsk (Photo: Reuters).

`In total, this year, Kiev’s losses have amounted to more than 111,000 soldiers, 21,000 units of weapons and military equipment,` Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu said during a meeting with senior Russian officials.

According to Mr. Shoigu, Ukraine loses 1,000 soldiers every day due to the demands of the US and its allies.

`The US and its allies are demanding that Ukraine prevent the collapse of its defense system and stop the attack of the Russian army at all costs. As a result, the enemy’s daily losses in April increased

Minister Shoigu stated that Russian forces `continue to break` Ukrainian defense positions along the entire front line.

Mr. Shoigu confirmed that the Russian armed forces have taken complete control of the settlements of Novobakhmutovka, Semenovka and Berdychi in the (self-proclaimed) Donetsk People’s Republic in the past two weeks.

The Russian Defense Minister added that Kiev has increased its mobilization efforts due to the high level of losses, and said that Ukrainians who do not want to fight `are being forced to the front lines` and will certainly die.

In April, Minister Shoigu estimated Ukrainian casualties to reach nearly 500,000 people since the conflict with Russia began in February 2022.

On April 24, the Ukrainian government announced new regulations, according to which passports for men of military age can only be issued domestically instead of at foreign diplomatic missions.

Previously, Ukraine announced that it would stop consular services for men of military age who are abroad.

This move will likely force Ukrainian men living abroad to return home to carry out administrative procedures that Kiev’s diplomatic agency previously assisted in carrying out.

Reuters judged that this is seen as Ukraine’s effort to boost military recruitment efforts when the war of attrition with Russia shows no signs of cooling down.

Ukrainian Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba said he had ordered measures to restore what he described as fair treatment of military-age men.

Ukraine imposed martial law at the start of the full-scale war, banned men between 18 and 60 from traveling abroad without special exemptions, and began rotating men into the armed forces.

In recent times, Ukraine has recorded many cases of military draft evasion.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *